CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Looking Forward in Our Homeschooling

Home Education Week at Principled Discovery

What are your goals for home education? What do you hope to instill in your children? Are you planning any changes to how you educate your children?

My Goals for My Children:

  • Become self motivated to do schoolwork.
  • Work independently on studies by high school.
  • Consider taking dual enrollment college courses in high school.
  • Explore their interests,
  • Go to college.
  • Volunteer or go on a summer mission trip.

I Hope to Instill in Them:
  • a love for learning
  • the desire o follow God's will for their lives
  • a desire to better themselves
  • a confidence to take on challenges
  • a desire to serve, help, and make a difference with their future profession

My Changes in Homeschooling:
  • Do more Unit Studies and fun learning activities.
  • Help my children learn more about their unique interests.
  • Be consistent about reading aloud.
  • Pray more about homeschooling.
  • Listen to Adventures in Odyssey with my girls M-F.
  • Buy an easy to use curriculum for high school, like Alpha Omega.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Your goals sound a lot like mine. This is another one of mine, too, that I don't see mentioned so often, so was happy to see it here:

Work independently on studies by high school.

I want them to be self-educating, taking on most of that responsibility. I can see it in my daughter already and I have little doubt she'll get there. We'll see on the others.

Heather said...

We have similar ideas about what we would like our kids to do--we will see what God has for them.

Brumbemom said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. It seems to be a trend with everyone about wanting to use some unit studies in the future. I think after a few years of using a certain style, everyone needs a little change. I know we do!
Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Great list! I agree with your goals for children. It's great to teach them, but even better to train them to learn for themselves. I've enjoyed reading your posts this week too. :)

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, I really like (and need to add) some of your goals!!
I've really enjoyed getting to know you a little more this week - - and I appreciate all of the comments you left on my site!!
Thanks for sharing!