CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My Kids Make Their Own Birthday Cakes

Works for Me Wednesday Meme

This is very helpful for me, because I don't have the pressure of having to make my kids' Birthday cakes every year. It also doubles for a learning activity.

I'm not quite sure how this tradition started, but my kids love making their own birthday cakes. Since we homeschool, I like it that cake decorating provides opportunities for - creativity, art, math skills, and baking
. The kids' favorite place to get cake decorating ideas is at the Family Fun Site. They provide instructions for how to decorate using: various candies, Twinkies, marshmallows, chocolate chips, fruit leather, mini donuts, licorice, etc.

Here are some photos from the site with all of the
cool ideas.














My Other Works for Me Wednesday Ideas:

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Family Fun cake ideas as well. I just made the moon cake for my son's 4th birthday. What a fun tradition to have the kids bake their own cakes.