Heart of the Matter Meme
Being a homeschooling Mom has been a big learning experience for me. I've learned that:
- Children are just like adults. If the book is boring, they don't want to continue reading it or learning from it.
- Children have their own individual interests and those may differ from what I would want their interests to be.
- Children have different ways of learning. One child may like to learn with hands-on projects, while another likes reading from a book, another prefers workbooks, and another could watch 4 straight hours of the History channel.
- Children learn more from my example than what I say.
- Children want their mom to be patient and loving during homeschooling.