CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

What I Have Learned From My Children


Heart of the Matter Meme

Being a homeschooling Mom has been a big learning experience for me. I've learned that:

  • Children are just like adults. If the book is boring, they don't want to continue reading it or learning from it.
  • Children have their own individual interests and those may differ from what I would want their interests to be.
  • Children have different ways of learning. One child may like to learn with hands-on projects, while another likes reading from a book, another prefers workbooks, and another could watch 4 straight hours of the History channel.
  • Children learn more from my example than what I say.
  • Children want their mom to be patient and loving during homeschooling.

11 comments:

Marbel said...

Interesting post!

Celly B said...

Great lessons learned! I'll try to keep them in mind, especially the one about my children's interests being different from my own!

Anonymous said...

All these are things I have learned also! Thank you for sharing!
Be blessed!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Girl...you are gonna be one great source of encouragement and information for me as I begin this journey...THANK YOU!

Anonymous said...

Great list of lessons learned! I have to remind myself to let my children pursue their own interests, especially in academics. Thanks for sharing!

~Andrea
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/andijeane/518492/

Anonymous said...

Oh so true!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I love that you recognize the value of each of your unique children. I've learned this as well.

Unknown said...

that first one is so true, if a book doesn't catch me I don't finish it

Anonymous said...

Great lessons! I can totally relate.

twinklemom said...

Wonderful post and thank you so much for dropping by my blog.

I'm exploring homeschooling and praying to God to help guide me and my husband on what He would call to us to do and it's so helpful to get wonderful insights in the experiences of homeschooling.

Letitia said...

Well said.
I've used the Alpha Phonics and it works well for my youngest~not for the 2nd youngest, hence this post, right?
Letitia