CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 12, 2008

Homeschool Hi-Light Meme - Frogspawn

Join in every Monday for the Homeschool Highlight Meme.

Write a post about a highlight from your past week of home learning. Here are some ideas: an accomplishment, an event or outing, a fun learning experience, a new educational product your family enjoys, an unexpected teachable moment. You can also use the Homeschool Hi-Lights graphic, if you want to.

Please remember to link back to this site, so that others can learn how to join in. Then, leave your link below. Visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends and to encourage each other in homeschooling. Thanks so much for your participation.

Normally, the Homeschool Hi-Lights Meme will be available with a Mr. Linky at 11:00 pm (eastern time) on Sunday.






My Homeschool Hi-Light - Frogspawn


This week, on our nature walk, we found frogspawn in a pond. We collected some and carried it back home in a bucket. Now, we're going to wait and see what happens. This was such an exciting treasure to find - definitely a homeschool hi-light. Nature Mama has photos and information about frogspawn on her blog. She has a really neat photo of her child holding the gelatinous spawn that contains hundreds of eggs. What are we going to do with this many frogs? Maybe I should return them back to the pond as soon as they have developed.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I think you will have lots of frogs. :)

Kerry said...

Hi, Shari Ellen! Great picture of those frog eggs.

Your blog is quite a resource. I'm bookmarking it.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

I would love to see more pics of the froggies as they grow! I posted a link to our day off school/ cleaning the house. Spring fever, you know.

Marbel said...

Cool! My kids would love that! Thanks for keeping this meme going, quite a good way to start the week.

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful! I was thinking of searching for frog spawn this year - you have inspired me!

~Andrea
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/andijeane/530796/

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by, I'll be adding you to my blogroll.

Alicia said...

What a treat! I can't wait to see pictures of the development. I'll be sharing this with my kids (we have frogs in Alaska, but they're very tiny and hard to find).

Rebecca said...

My kids would be so excited to find such treasures!!

Konkadoo said...

Oh, that's cool! I remember having tadpoles in an aquarium once when I was a kid and it was amazing to watch.

I've been tempted to order some but I don't really want them long term and they can live quite a while. At least you can let butterflies go but not frogs unless it's one native to your area.

I'll go check my parents' pond first but it's a bit large and I'd fear the snakes, which are common. Yikes.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are a brave woman. I don't think I would've brought them home, but then again in the excitement, who knows...