CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 19, 2008

Homeschool Hi-Light Meme - Studying Outside

Join in every Monday for the Homeschool Highlight Meme.

Write a post about a highlight from your past week of home learning. Here are some ideas: an accomplishment, an event or outing, a fun learning experience, a new educational product your family enjoys, an unexpected teachable moment. You can also use the Homeschool Hi-Lights graphic, if you want to.

Please remember to link back to this site, so that others can learn how to join in. Then, leave your link below. Visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends and to encourage each other in homeschooling. Thanks so much for your participation.

Normally, the Homeschool Hi-Lights Meme will be available with a Mr. Linky at 11:00 pm (eastern time) on Sunday.






My Homeschool Hi-Light - Studying Outside


We had absolutely beautiful weather this week. I enjoyed studying with my children outside. We sprawled out on the front lawn reading and doing workbooks under the warmth of the sun - definitely a homeschool hi-light. We have to enjoy the outdoors while we can. In a few weeks the mosquitoes and biting black flies will hatch, which will chase me indoors.

Update on the Frogspawn: Our frog eggs hatched last week and the bucket filled up with over a hundred tadpoles. A few days later, they started dying. So, we took them back to the pond where we had found them. They will do better in the pond than in our bucket. It was fun seeing them come out of their eggs and wriggle around for a few days.

7 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Oh, I hope your froggies live!!

I've linked our outdoorsy study on rocks and prospectin' to your meme. Thanks for hosting this!!

Anonymous said...

That sounds wonderful to study outside and enjoy the sunshine before the bugs start biting.

Anonymous said...

My children have been studying outside too. It's such a beautiful time of year here - who wants to be inside?

Tadpoles need iodine to "morph" into frogs. You can buy it at pet stores, I believe. I don't know if lack of iodine will cause them to die, though. I would have put them back too. :-)

Thanks for continuing to host this; I'm really enjoying it.

~Andrea

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about the bugs...we get them bad here, too. Right now though it's mostly love bugs! Glad you got a chance to be outdoors. Have a super week.

Anonymous said...

I wish we could study outdoors but our allergies are too bad!
Thank you for hosting!
Be blessed!

Ganeida said...

It's winter here & far too cold to study outside. We are studying cuddled up under the doona on Ditz's bed.

Letitia said...

We do as much as possible outside. Most all of our reading, Bible time, sometimes math is done outside when the weather is good. Last week, I managed to make it up into the fort for Bible time. They thought it was so cool that I would do that. Of course, I had to slide to get down. That new slide is a doozy!
Letitia
www.homeschoolblogger.com/SandBetweenMyToes
P.S. Sorry I didn't get to participate this past Mon. Monday did not cooperate!