CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 5, 2008

Homeschool Hi-Lights Meme - Recycling a 747

Join in every Monday for the Homeschool Highlight Meme.

Write a post about a highlight from your past week of home learning. Here are some ideas: an accomplishment, an event or outing, a fun learning experience, a new educational product your family enjoys, an unexpected teachable moment. You can also use the Homeschool Hi-Lights graphic, if you want to.

Please remember to link back to this site, so that others can learn how to join in. Then, leave your link below. Visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends and to encourage each other in homeschooling. Thanks so much for your participation.

Normally, the Homeschool Hi-Lights Meme will be available with a Mr. Linky at 11:00 pm (eastern time) on Sunday.






My Homeschool Hi-Light - Recycling a 747


This week my son and I watched a cool show on the National Geographic channel. For an hour, we got to watch plane mechanics dismantle a 747. They pulled out lots of parts of the plane to resell. Even the plane's coffee maker got recycled and resold for about $2000. It was very scientific and educational - definitely a homeschool highlight for us. If you have access to the National Geographic channel, and you're interested in watching Man Made Plane, it will be shown again on Thursday, May 8th at 5PM.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that plane dismantling sounds very interesting!

Our highlight this week was finishing our garage sale. If anyone needs access to my blog, please email me at oillady@charter.net. Thanks.

Brumbemom said...

I posted a meme. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Very cool. WE will check it out!
Be blessed!

Anonymous said...

We loved the Human Footprint program!

Letitia said...

Marissa would have loved that show. I joined you today with some Hi-Lights. It was fun.

Letitia
www.homeschoolblogger.com/SandBetweenMyToes/

Unknown said...

That looks like a neat show, I'm sure my ds would like that.

Anonymous said...

I added my link for our best HS hilight last week. Thanks for the inspiration!

Konkadoo said...

That does look great. My 7 year old boy would have enjoyed that too.

Sadly, we don't get the National Geographic.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

I posted as well. I keep thinking that the coffee must be *really* great if they can charge $2,000 for a used machine!!

Jill said...

I'm a bit late this week but I still wanted to participate. That show sounds like something my kids would LOVE by the way.

Anonymous said...

Wow! My sons would have loved that show! I'm glad you shared the links - we'll have to check out whatever is available at the website.

~Andrea