CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Save Time When Cooking Hamburger

Works for Me Wednesday Meme

This is what works for me:

I cook 4+ pounds of hamburger (or 10 pounds of chicken thighs) all at one time. When the meat has cooled, I freeze it in individual 1 - 2 pound bags. When a recipe calls for a pound of meat, all I have to do is thaw 1 bag of meat and add it to the recipe. It saves me time, because I don't have to cook meat individually and clean a pan each time.

5 comments:

FrazzMom said...

Great tip! I do this for camping, but it never occurred to me to do it for home as well. D'OH!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning! Hey, I didn't say that you have to use Windex to get the Sharpie off but you probably would've figured that out on your own!

Family O'Foxes said...

I'm with you on this one! It is a true time saver. :)
Good reminder for all especially when people are looking to save money.
~Amy

Mrs. Darling said...

I love doing this. I often divide all the hamburger and put different seasonings in it; one fried with onions, another with taco seasoning, another with burrito seasoning...well you get the idea! :)

Mom2fur said...

I do this, too. It sure makes things easier! I do mine in a big pan in the oven, instead of the stovetop. We're having spaghetti tonight, as a matter of fact, with ground beef I already had browned! One less pot to clean, LOL!