CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Homeschool Hi-Lights Meme - Spring Break

Join in every Monday for the Homeschool Highlight Meme.

Write a post about a highlight from your past week of home learning. Here are some ideas: an accomplishment, an event or outing, a fun learning experience, a new educational product your family enjoys, an unexpected teachable moment. You can also use the Homeschool Hi-Lights graphic, if you want to.

Please remember to link back to this site, so that others can learn how to join in. Then, leave your link below. Visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends and to encourage each other in homeschooling. Thanks so much for your participation.

Normally, the Homeschool Hi-Lights Meme will be available with a Mr. Linky at 11:00 pm (eastern time) on Sunday.





My Homeschool Hi-Light - Spring Break


We had Spring Break this past week. It was very interesting to observe what my kids learned even though we were taking a break from school. It goes to show that learning is a natural part of a homeschooler's life.

Instead of focusing on just one Hi-Light, this week. I'm going to list a few real life learning hi-lights for this past week of Spring Break. All of these were fun things that the kids chose to do on their own.

  • My son made the Homeschool Hi-Lights graphic for me. He also helped me by setting up Mr. Linky. What would I do without his computer knowledge?
  • The girls did some outdoor experiments that involved: melting snow, ditches, shovels, rocks, and sand.
  • My son and I enjoyed 4 episodes of an astronomy show on the History channel.
  • The girls enjoyed learning how to cook some dinners with Dad.
  • We all played Dutch Blitz (helps with basic math skills and it really exercises the brain)

23 comments:

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

This was the high light of our week A field trip to the rocky shore
all the children had fun climbing over the rocks exploring and looking at all the sea creatures
and I was excited too when My Home Schooler developed his friendship more with Colin
Jen

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

I'm assuming we just link to that particular post when we participate each week.

This is a good idea, Ellen!

Jill said...

Thanks so much for inviting me!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful week! Your son did such a great job on your graphic.

Thanks so much for the invite. My post is here:
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/andijeane/519454/

~Andrea

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Our highlight this past week was going to the park for the first time this year (we had a long winter).

It's neat to see what the kids learn, even when you're on break. Then they can apply what they've learned to real life.

Unknown said...

I just found you blog and it looks lovely. I am fixing to read a little more. Hope you have a nice week of school!

Kelly

Konkadoo said...

Thank you for the invite!

I'll see what I can come up with.

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea - thank you for inviting me to "play"!

Brumbemom said...

Ellen, I possted a few highlights. Thanks for the invite.

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea! I am looking forward to reading all the posts!!!

Anonymous said...

P.S. What a great job your son did on the graphic!! I love it!!

In The Potter's Hand said...

Thanks for inviting me to participate. Great idea!

Unknown said...

Great idea, thanks for inviting me to join in. The graphic is very cute!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and inviting me :) Keeps me looking for good stuff.

Unknown said...

As we are in the middle of a move, I have no highlight for this past week, but do plan to join in, thank you for remembering me.

Anonymous said...

great idea! Thanks for inviting me

Heather said...

This is a lovely idea. Isn't it amazing what kids learn when they have a break from learning?

Alicia said...

Wow! Thanks for the invite! Tell your son he did a great job on the graphic.
My post is a movie review. : )

Anonymous said...

Thanks for inviting me. What a great idea! I didn't get a post up yesterday, but I will participate in the future.

Also, I really like playing Dutch Blitz. I wonder if I can get Bug to play with me, since my husband won't. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen,

Thanks for visiting. My daughter is in two 4H clubs, baking (mostly yeast items) and pottery. She has had a great time so far in her clubs and the leaders are great.

CelticMuse said...

Thanks for stopping by and asking me. It was fun and really made me put last week into perspective.

Marbel said...

Great idea! Thanks for letting me know about it. I will try to come up with something to add... I hope before next Monday!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me know about your meme. I did not do a post for this week, but I linked. I look forward to participating in the future.