CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Learning Experiences at Church

Works for Me Wednesday Meme

This is what works for our family. We center most of our family activities around church. Since there are 7 of us, it's great that I don't have to drive all of town at various times. We go to one location, our church, and get involved in the activities. There is usually something going on for every age level at our church - even on Youth Group night. My teens go to youth group, my husband and I volunteer, and my younger kids go to a class for the volunteer's kids.

Church is a great place for kids to learn. They use teaching methods that kids enjoy. There
aren't any tests given or assignments due.

Here are some learning experiences my kids have had at church:

  • History lessons from the Bible
  • Singing and choir practice
  • Socialization skills
  • P.E. - roller skating, dodge ball, group action games
  • Group Jeopardy Game
  • Christian DVDs
  • Journal writing
  • Reading: from the Bible, lessons, lyrics projected on to the wall
  • Art Projects
  • Drama
  • Slide show presentation of trip to Israel
  • Ancient Jewish culture and customs presentation
  • Music and dance performances
  • Volunteering and community service projects
  • Baking

My Other Works for Me Wednesday Ideas:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this, I had never thought about it like this before. Also thanks for visiting my blog.

TRS said...

Don't forget about the single adults at your church.

I think it's hardest for them/us/me. After services, while all the parents are standing around chatting - the single adults hope to break into a conversation - which is impossible to do sometimes. I remember sticking around for donuts at my new church, just hoping to meet people - (honestly, the last thing I wanted or needed was a donut - I'm single after all. Gotta maintain the figure!!) And I just couldn't break into a conversation. Too much potty-training talk and Mrs Cabbable that.

Just because we don't have kids doesn't mean we won't have something in common. Reach out to them or they won't be back. Too sad.

Anonymous said...

Amen! A lot those apply to parents too!

Anonymous said...

Most of our family activities center around our church too. It's nice that we live only 5 minutes away and there are activities each week to be involved in. Our closest friends are from our church family.

Kirstin said...

Thank you for stopping by my site. I am so glad you did because as I browsed your categories it is spurring some "hope" in me in regards to certain topics we struggle with...ughhh.

I can't wait to come back and I may join your meme.