CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 25, 2008

Cut Your Family's Hair


I don't really enjoy cutting my husband's and kids' hair. I haven't ever been trained professionally, but over the years I've figured out how to do it. I keep on cutting their hair, because it saves us so much money.

$12 per haircut x 2 adults and 5 kids = $84
$84 x 3 hair cuts per year = $252 saved every year

$252 a year! That is why I continue to cut their hair.

Two of my daughters are at the preteen age and wanting fancier hair styles. So, I'll probably take them to a real hair stylist and watch very closely - so I'll be able to try it on my own next time.

If you'd like to try saving money by cutting your kids' and husband's hair, you can find out more at these links:

Haircutting - Do it Yourself (with detailed instructions)
How to Trim Your Child's Hair (with a 2 minute video)
Search through many tutorial videos at You Tube (search on "How to Haircut" or "Hair cut how to")

5 comments:

Heather said...

Around here you couldn't get a haircut for $12. And I cut all of our hair for that reason, and always have.

Anonymous said...

This is a great money saver. I have been cutting hair in my family for over 4 years. My husband is in the military and needs a haircut every few weeks, so we have saved hundreds of dollars over the years.
Great tip!

Unknown said...

This is great! Thanks for the links, can't wait to check them out. I just tried cutting baby boy's hair a few days ago, and Oh my goodness did I mess it up!! I felt SO bad! I had decided it would be best to just pay the money to have it done, though it goes against every penny pinching sense I have! Maybe after this I'll be brave enough to try again. :)

Laura said...

I always just line up my husband and four boys about once a month...and give 'em all hair cuts!! I love thinking of the money it has saved...and hopefully will continue to save us (as long as the boys don't get picky!).

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Having five boys and a husband, I'm saving a lot of money as well! But mine never turn out professionally-great-looking.

I tell the boys it will grow back, and if they want to spend $20 on a stylist instead of a video game they can go ahead.

They complain about the style, but not enough to actually spend the money LOL!!