Join in every Monday for the Homeschool Highlight Meme.
Write a post about a highlight from your past week of home learning. Here are some ideas: an accomplishment, an event or outing, a fun learning experience, a new educational product your family enjoys, an unexpected teachable moment. You can also use the Homeschool Hi-Lights graphic, if you want to.
Please remember to link back to this site, so that others can learn how to join in. Then, leave your link below. Visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends and to encourage each other in homeschooling. Thanks so much for your participation.
Normally, the Homeschool Hi-Lights Meme will be available with a Mr. Linky at 11:00 pm (eastern time) on Sunday.
Instead of focusing on just one Hi-Light, this week. I'm going to list a few real life learning hi-lights for this past week of Spring Break. All of these were fun things that the kids chose to do on their own.
- My son made the Homeschool Hi-Lights graphic for me. He also helped me by setting up Mr. Linky. What would I do without his computer knowledge?
- The girls did some outdoor experiments that involved: melting snow, ditches, shovels, rocks, and sand.
- My son and I enjoyed 4 episodes of an astronomy show on the History channel.
- The girls enjoyed learning how to cook some dinners with Dad.
- We all played Dutch Blitz (helps with basic math skills and it really exercises the brain)