CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Show and Tell - Computer Skills

Home Education Week at Principled Discovery

Show off those talents. Share a story, a special moment, a piece of artwork. Any accomplishment, great or small, is fair game.

Because he is homeschooled, my 14-year-old son, has the opportunity to spend more time learning about his interest in computers.

He has learned about:

  • basic HTML
  • Adobe Flash game development
  • making an interactive Flash map of a shopping mall
  • computer graphics using Adobe Flash, Adobe Fireworks, MS Paint, and Swift 3D
  • helping me with my blogging and website problems
  • teaching his younger sisters how to use the computer
In the future, he will probably do a highschool computer internship or computer related part-time job. I'd like to help him find ways that he can use his computer skills in Christian ministry projects. All of his hands-on training will prepare him if he studies Computer Engineering in college.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is cool...and something unique about homeschooling. They really can begin developing their talents early. And not because the school system has funneled them to that line of work, but because they truly are interested in it!

Anonymous said...

That's great! I am looking forward to seeing what my children pursue, and I'm glad they'll have the time to do it.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! That is fantastic!! It's so great to be able to learn what intrests you, when you are homeschooling.
Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful it is to be able to follow your interests ~

Anonymous said...

Very handy!!!
Blessings,
Laurie

Anonymous said...

As I have been learning to tweak my blog, ds (13) has been watching over my shoulder and he often sees things and understands things that I don't. It's just amazing.
I'm so thankful that I am the one who gets to savor those moments.

Celly B said...

Gracious!
I bet he could do an online tutorial for all of us semi-literate blog moms!

Heather said...

My husband started out at age 12 programming an Atari and taught himself all sorts of computer related things--he never went to college an is now lead programmer with a gaming company and consultant to another. Tell him to keep on and do what interests him--God will use it.

Niall MacC said...

I am glad your son is doing so well and that he hopes to use his talents for the Lord!

Well done.
God bless.
Ruth