Many homeschooling parents overspend, buying curriculum for the wrong reasons.
Here are some of the Money Traps concerning homeschool curriculum.
- Buying teacher guides for the younger grades
- Buying all of the “required” quizzes, tests, and activity pages.
- Buying from the company that claims they give the best education.
- Buying "impressive" curriculum even though you know that it won’t compliment your child’s learning style
- Buying what your homeschool friends think is the best curriculum
- Buying all your curriculum from one company, even though you would rather have Math or Science from another company
- Duplicating what the public school is doing so that you feel like you are homeschooling correctly
- Sticking with the same boring curriculum, even though you want to dump it and switch to another company or way of homeschooling
- Buying without really thinking about it, because it’s September and you’re panicked that you don’t have the kids school curriculum yet.
This is my favorite low-cost math curriculum. It contains approximately 165 math worksheets. It includes: instructions for each math fundamental, pre-tests, post-tests, an answer key. We do 1 page a day and if we need more practice then we do online math games or exercises. $8.49 each.